Senior Developer (PHP/LAMP)
We’re in search of a Senior Developer (PHP/LAMP) who’s a jack of all trades, transitioning seamlessly between front and backend coding. You’ll need to be fluent in in database design that thrives on strong architecture, while supplementing with data-driven applications that optimize site functionality throughout the lifecycle of each project. As a Senior Developer (PHP/LAMP) for DCI, you’ll need to be a whiz with PHP, Java 8, HTML, and Angular, and know how to effectively problem solve. The power of our site’s responsiveness and functionality will be in your hands, so you’ll need to be organized, communicative, and detail-oriented to ensure it works on every intended platform—so that means you’ll need to be able to rapidly learn new languages, frameworks, and tools, too.
Senior Developers (PHP/LAMP) frequently confer with their manager on assigned projects, priorities, and unusual problems. They are called upon for assistance with design specifications and project direction. They will be assigned some of the more difficult and abstract projects that require research and analysis before the development process begins. This individual must possess and apply a broad knowledge of design, problem-solving, and technical concepts to development assignments that are complex in nature and be able to work with minimum supervision. Leadership qualities are a requirement to help provide direction and control within assigned project areas.
Developers (PHP/LAMP) are responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software for DCI’s business objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Building and enhancing DCI’s core API, user interfaces, and back-end processing systems.
- Participating in the design of core products
- Adhering to DCI’s software development life cycle (SDLC) and coding standards
- Unit Testing/Integration Testing
- Evaluating existing and new technologies and ensuring applications utilize industry best practices
- Providing implementation and development support to Customer Support and Professional Services during conversions and application installations
- Develops well-formed, secure code from specifications conforming to DCI’s established methodology. Developed code should follow industry best practices in DCI’s approved development languages.
- Develops code to meet specifications of applicable system/environment design.
- Codes, tests, debugs, and documents new, modified, and existing programs.
- Uses coding methods for specific programming languages to initiate or enhance efficient program execution and performance to reach optimum application and hardware utilization.
- Troubleshoots coding problems when necessary.
Software Testing & Maintenance
- Thoroughly tests software using an approved test plan and documents test results.
- Conducts unit tests of modified and existing applications.
- Monitors developed software for expected performance.
Software Documentation & Education
- Documents code using comments to departmental standards as required.
- Participates in code reviews to verify and ensure adherence to program specifications and established standards.
- Creates or revises software documentation, operation documentation, and/or user guides in accordance with established standards.
- Understands and maintains coding standards and methodology established by the DCI Development department.
Problem Solving & Needs Analysis
- Promptly responds to software errors and emergency problems encountered by customers and internal users.
- Takes appropriate action to correct problems discovered during application execution within established protocol.
- Analyzes end user data processing needs and develops user-oriented software solutions that will interface with existing applications in use.
- Assists in studying and analyzing data processing functions, methods and procedures and makes recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing software or adapting new applications to data processing operations that will more effectively utilize resources.
- Translates detailed specifications and/or functional requirements into developed software.
- Provides input to Business Analysts and Customer Support staff to prolong system/application life or makes recommendation for timely software replacement.
- Assists Implementations staff in the set up and support of software installations or upgrades ensuring application integrity.
- Assists in the coordination of implementation and training to support new applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree, and/or
- Five or more years’ experience in developing front-end/back-end systems
- Proficient coding skills using Java 8, PHP, and Angular
- Experience in developing modern RESTful API’s
- Deep understanding of database design (Relational and NoSQL)
- Experience with SQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL) including the ability to manage indexes and write efficient queries
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture using microservices
- Possesses sound analytical problem determination and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of application security and familiarity with PCI Compliance
Hutchinson, KS 67501
- Health, dental, vision, life, cancer and long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement and profit-sharing plans
- Paid vacations, sick leave and holidays
- Spending accounts
- AFLAC benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Job-related educational assistance
- Wellness benefits
- Fun, friendly work environment!
Applying for Employment
Complete the application form, then click "Submit" to process your application. Be sure to attach your resume and a cover letter that specifies the position for which you are applying and your salary requirements.
We are an E-Verify Employer
E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows us to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security Numbers.
- The Right to Work (English Version)
- The Right to Work (Spanish Version)
- E-Verify Participation (English Version)
- E-Verify Participation (Spanish Version)
Mail Applications To:
Data Center, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
20 W. Second Ave.
Hutchinson, Kansas 67501
DCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug-free workplace.